We invite our patients to the surgery for lots of different health checks such as; 6 week baby checks, long-term condition appointments, cervical screenings, immunisations and medication reviews (plus many more).
If you have any queries regarding a health check you think is due, contact reception who can check to see if/when you are eligible and book you an appointment.
NHS Health Check
The NHS Health Check is a free check-up of your overall health. It can tell you whether you're at higher risk of getting certain health problems
The check is for people who are aged 40 to 74 who do not have any of the following pre-existing conditions:
- heart disease
- chronic kidney disease
- high blood pressure (hypertension)
- atrial fibrillation
- transient ischaemic attack
- inherited high cholesterol (familial hypercholesterolemia)
- heart failure
- peripheral arterial disease
- currently being prescribed statins to lower cholesterol
- previous checks have found that you have a 20% or higher risk of getting cardiovascular disease over the next 10 years
You should have regular check-ups if you have one of these conditions.
If you’re aged over 65, you’ll also be told about symptoms of dementia to look out for.
If you think you are eligible but have not been invited, please contact reception who can check if you are eligble
For more information click here